Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 3 (October 6, 2010)

Day 3

Today I went on a company visit to

Advance Science and Technology Institute (ASTI)

The institute is also located at UP. They conduct scientific research and development in the advanced fields of Information and Communications Technology and Microelectronics. They have the vision that the ASTI shall be among the leading Research and Development Centers in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and Electronics within the Southeast Asian region. Their mission is that the ASTI in committed to the development of the Filipino society and the Philippines as a nation. They shall contribute to the attainment of national development priorities and the growth of Philippines enterprises by providing innovative solutions using ICT and electronics technology.

What I learned?

I found out that the creators of the Bayanihan operating system was working at the ASTI. We also learned some stuffs about the early warning devices and the likes.

What I liked?

I like the technologies that they have showed to us. It was really helpful to the country especially now that we are facing some weather disturbances.

What I didn’t like?

I think they are not aware that we are going to visit their institution. And also their bathroom made me laugh out loud. If you have gone there, you will know why.

Today I went on a company visit to

Telecommunications Technical Institute

After ASTI there is TTI. This institute can be found at Valenzuela. It is a bit creepy for me because of the very old structure of the buildings. It is like a setting in a horror movie.

What I learned?

Even if the building structures were too old, their facilities and equipments were very expensive! I also learned that their job was really risky. I never thought that those wire that they are crimping were dangerous and might even lead to death!

What I liked?

They really took good care of the equipments. I think they are doing that because of its cost. The speakers really proved to us that they are a virtuoso on the field of telecommunications.

What I didn’t like?

Their buildings it is very quiet. It is like a haunted institute for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment